Agra, the city of Taj, is known for its buildings that are ruling the city from the Mughal era. Situated in the boundaries of Uttar Pradesh, Agra has achieved a remarkable height till date. It covers all the edifices that were made by the ancient rulers and Maharajas of Mughal time like Akbar, Jahangir, Shah Jahan and others. Resting on the bank of river Yamuna, Agra houses many structures like Taj Mahal, Fatehpur Sikri, Agra Fort, Itimad-ud- Daulah and lots more. Famous for all these monuments, Agra remains one of the favorite tourist destinations. Tourists from all over the world visit Agra to admire the most beautiful and lively tombs of Mughal age. Best Places to visit in Agra
For your ease, here, we are providing you with bit information about the sites to be visited and stories and legends behind them. After this, you can choose the places according to your interest.
1) Taj Mahal: One of the Seven Wonders of the World, Taj Mahal is known for the eternal love of Shah Jahan and his wife, Mumtaz Mahal. This beautiful and enchanting monument attracts the love birds from all over the world. The sunrise and sunset scenes from this Mahal mesmerize the onlookers. Book Taj Mahal Tour Packages
2) Agra Fort: Sometimes called as Red Fort, this fort was built by Akbar. The marble work and Pietra Dura inlay has made it one of the Agra’s World Heritage Sites. The main attractions in the fort are Diwan-e-khas. Diwan-e-Am, Moti Masjid, Shish Mahal and lots more. These all togetherly give this fort a feeling of paradise.
3) Fatehpur Sikri: Majestic fort built by Akbar, Fatehpur Sikri is one of the World Heritage Sites decorated by carving black and white marble inlay and red sandstones. The Buland Darwaza is the main attraction at Fatehpur Sikri. Apart from it, other sights are Jama Masjid, Tomb of Salim Chisti, etc.
4) Itimad-ud-Daulah: Known as ‘Baby Taj’, this tomb was built by the Empress, Nur Jahan, in the memory of her father, Mirza Ghiyas Beg. The garden layout, use of white marble, inlay designs and latticework foretell many rudiments of the Taj Mahal. Situated on the bank of Yamuna, this monument gives the magnificent scenes to the onlookers.
5) Ram Bagh: Built by the Emperor Babar, Ram Bagh is the oldest Mughal Garden in India. Known for its water courses and fountains, this garden has been built on the style of Persian Garden.
6) Akbar’s Tomb, Sikandra: The last resting place of Mughal Emperor, Akbar, is a masterpiece of Mughal architecture. Enclosed with the walls, the tomb building is four-tiered pyramid. The vast, beautifully carved, red sandstone tomb is visited by the tourists from all over the world.
These all are the famous and renowned heritage sites of Agra worth visiting. If you are planning your Agra Tour, then don’t forget to have the glimpses of these monuments. Along with the Agra tour, you can merge your tour with other enchanting cities of India like Goa, Udaipur, Ranthambore, Amritsar etc. You’ll be offered with a diverse range of holiday packages to make your tour an enigmatic and charismatic one. So, plan your tour at your ease and choose the best deal.